Elitmus Test Pattern and Sample questions
Now a days many companies are using Elitmus test to select candidates when campus hiring specially for computer science students. Its a traditional paper pencil type test.In this post we will explain in detail what this test is , how to prepare for elitmus and sample questions from previous tests.This article is written by our reader Hari Prasad from Bits Pilani. Who recently gave elitmus test as part of RBS hiring process.
The level of the questions is almost comparable to CAT , it means they are tough . So A valuable piece of advice which we want to give you attempt and mark only those questions which you think are 100% correct.As there is negative marking and people doesn’t score much in this test. So each -ve mark can throw you to the end of the queue.Also there is no specified syllabus for the exam . But on a higher level we can say the syllabus is same as syllabus of CAT.Also in this post we have specified important topics even if you practice questions on those you can score very good in this exam.
Elitmus syllabus and elitmus test pattern:
Duration – 2 hrs
Negative marking -yes (1/3rd)
Score – Overall percentile as well as sectional percentile
Sample Elitmus Test Papers and their answers – download from here
In Question paper there will be 3 sections
- Section 1: Quant Section ( 20 Questions)
- Number Systemwork and time
- Number Systemwork and time
- you will get 14-16 questions from the above topic and 8-9 correct answers will fetch you to 90-96 percentile.
- Refer this post for elitmus sample papers/ questions
- Section 2: DI and Logical Reasoning ( 20 Questions)
- DI- tabular data with conditions 5 questions
- Arrangement ( visiting 3 villages each day, 5 villages… with lots of conditions) 3 questions
- Coding/Decoding based on multiplication(Cryptic Multiplication for guide to solve this type of question click .
- This section is quiet tough.But if you have practised such questions beforehand you will be a
be able to solve those .
- Section 3: Verbal ( 20 Questions)
- 3 RC 4 question in each
- Paragraph formation(parajumbles)
- Fill in the blank ( appropriate word)
- This is the easiest part of elitmus try to score more here.
Elitmus Sample Questions with answers
You can download sample Elitmus Test Papers and their answers from here.The questions asked in Elitmus test are exaclty similar to these.We have provides two sample Elitmus papers with solutions.
Books to refer for Elitmus
As we already said the pattern and syllabus of Elitmus test is similar to CAT. You can refer any standard Book for CAT to prepare. Like Arun sharma for quant.Verbal is quite easy any special preparation is not needed. For DI/LR we advice you to practice questions from our website that’s more than enough.
If you found the above information useful please like our page you , to inform us that whatever we are doing is benefiting someone and we should continue doing his.