I recently gave interviews for MTS position at Adobe. I’m sharing here my experience with the community .
Round 1 (online Aptitude test 1 hr)
- This test was to be given on interview street . They sent me a link for the test. The test had some geometry questions.some logical reasoning questions and some data interpretation questions all to be completed in 1 hour. NO negative marking. I found that the questions were repeated .The questions were almost similar which they asked during campus recruitment drive in my college.
Round 2 (Online Technology Test 2 hr)
- 5 programming problems and 15 Mcqs based on language java in my case.TO be completed in 2 hrs.
- The questions were not very tough and in language part standard questions were asked . 4 or 5 questions were on threads.
Round 3 (Telephonic Interview)
The interviewer was quite supportive he started by asking about my self and my current projects .Then he moved to technical questions .Here are the questions asked.
- Why you have to override hashcode method in java if you override equals in java.
- What is volatile keyword in java. [see this post ]
- Some question modified form of Lowest Common Ancestor of nodes , don’t remember exactly.
- Print level order traversal of a tree in reverse order.
Round 4 (Onsite Technical Interview)
This was the toughest interview and was focussed mainly on java concepts . Why I’m saying this is because he asked only a single Algorithm question in this round and rest were on java . Here are the questions :
- What is immutable in java
- Why strings are immutable
- Difference between a string buffer and string builder
- Write a program for consumer problem , it should be thread safe
- Longest common substring problem , code it .First gave brute force approach and then improved it.
Round 5(Onsite Technical Interview)
This round went better. He asked me few DS questions .I answered all of them :
- Design a hash table .I designed it and used chaining for collision resolution.
- What is load factor in it
- Java code to insert a new node in a BST.
- Check whether a tree is BST or not.
Round 6 (Onsite Telephonic Interview)
In this round I was asked a puzzle , few java questions and DS questions .
- Given a stair case having n steps . You are allowed to take either a single step or skip stair and take double step . Find the number of ways in which you can reach the top.See this post for solution.
- Find a number in a sorted rotated array.Gave an approach using pivot and was asked if I can do it some other way.
- Any specific reason for joining Adobe apart from that you want to relocate to delhi. And I was like blacnk 🙁
for more interesting questions visit our Company Questions page.